Signs of spring are in the air, the cold has
been banished, and the birds and bees are doing - what birds and bees
More of the doors and lids -
still looking fab
Peter strokes the smoooooth
quite pleased about these (above). Though never going to look brand new without
rechroming, the seals have all been replaced, the pivots and bolts have
all been renewed, and they're ready to be fitted into into the new
You may note that,
following my comments in March about the driver's side quarterlight not
being correct (and not matching),
this photo does not show it. I had to do the work all over again on the
second-hand quarterlight assembly that I managed to find (after about
20 phone calls).
difference seems to be that the quarterlights from very early MGBs (of
which this is not one) had no vertical post hanging from thefront of the triangle, acting as an extra steady. That's why I replaced it.
The body paint is
done and looking good.
The Waxoyling is
done, and it's time to start adding the removed parts back onto the
lights, side mouldings and a host of other parts now attached.